Sunday, October 5, 2008

Flashback...Louisiana in May

Shortly after Andrew & I were married, we went to Monroe for the wedding party there. Following, we had almost a weeks time before we left on our honeymoon. So mom took us on a "plantation tour" heading towards Baton Rouge to visit Helen & Heber. I can't remember the names of the various houses we visited. However, we stayed in Monmouth Plantation in Natchez, Mississippi . It was beauituful.

Stanton Hall


Monmouth Plantation

Our room

Dunlevy Plantation



1 comment:

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Mary...
1. I am so happy you found my blog and that you have one to, what a treat to be able to get on here and stalk you anytime I want :)
2. Your honeymoon sounds UNREAL. Australia...New Zealand.. how amazing!!!! What a great way to start married life by having such unbelievable experiences to share together.
3. That story about the boy stealing the eggs and Andrew making sure he didn't get away with it had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD. You have a great husband who will stand up for whats right- and go to great lengths to make it happen!! I could just envision the entire story as you told it... how funny!!
4. Your pictures of home and the plantation tour are beautiful! I have told Steve that if I had to pick a place to live other than places I've lived before, I would choose down south where you are from because every picture I see from there is just down right beautiful. I love the southern charm of people from there too (hello, YOU!).

Glad you're blogging. Keep it up. Love you!