Saturday, October 4, 2008

Andrew to the rescue...

Andrew and I had a late night last night and at almost 1am we were getting ready for bed when I remembered that I forgot to pick up a contact lense case. I had left my contact case in CA and desperatley needed one so my dear husband offered to walk over to Smiths (we live right behind it) to pick one up. He didnt return till about 20 minutes later. I had called him after 10 and he answered with a quick "I'm busy but I'll be right home." I was so confused. Well...

Apparently there were only 3 people working in the whole store and there were only 2 of the self-checkouts open. So Andrew is waiting in a redic line and he hears a guy behing him tell him friends that he is just going to walk out with the eggs (he had a few cartons--trouble) and to forget the line. Andrew acts like he doesn't hear till he sees the boy really walk out. So Andrew walks up to the two people standing at the podium--like they're regulating--to tell point out the guy that is casually stealing. Andrew explains the story best but he relayed it like this...

He tells the lady and points to the guy that is virtually out the door at this point and she said, "We don't have time for this crap." And then she turns to the other guy and says, "I don't care if you don't care." And he says, "Naw, it doesn't matter to me." Andrew said that the quote that immedately came to mind was: "The only way for evil is win is for good men to stand and do nothing." He told the two people that is wasn't about the merchandise, but that they needed to teach him a lesson. So the lady walked outside with Andrew following behind and the kid was taking off. She went on to rave about not having time for that. So Andrew went back and stood in line and the group of friends that the kid was with acted kind of worried but were really just embarrassed. The friend then told Andrew where they were parked and where he would have to end up. So Andrew went outside and made eye contact with the guy from afar. The kid then took off down the street and Andrew took off after him. Andrew said he yelled, "You know I'm going to catch you." Soon after, the kid stopped and started crying and pouring out his heart about his parents getting a divorce--quite sad really.

I can just see Andrew lecturing him. Drew told him how he was a teenager once too and he was being foolish and that there were consequences for his actions. The kid was worried about being arrested and Andrew told him that he wouldn't let them. So the kid walked back inside and payed for his eggs. Andrew said that everyone was watching naturally and it was a riot. I imagine it was... I love that my husband isn't afraid to take charge and get involved.


1 comment:

Rachel Ricchio said...

omg. what an AMAZING story. you guys are gonna have so much fun telling that to your kids. i love to see this blog being updated regularly. just love it.