Sunday, November 9, 2008

and it is... American Crafts


After a good 3 months on the job hunt trying to find the best fit, I'm there! I recently decided to work with American Crafts in corporate sales. It's amazing how it all worked out but basically I was interviewing for an accounting position and they moved me to the sales department because they though I might be a good fit there. I hadn't even realized that American Craft was a scrapbooking manufacture when I went in for that first interview. That was a huge plus though cause no only do I love scraptbooking but it is such a friendly industry. So I work in sales along with 5 others. I've never thought I would pursue sales but this seems to be different that what I had imagined...

-We're a manufacture so we sell to other corporations and companies

- I have specific states I'm assigned to be over and responsible to follow up with. So I just follow up with the companies to get inventory to their stores.

- Once a week out of the month I'll go to a specific area, state, to do face to face sales with some of our best clients and good prospects.

- Trade shows twice a year are a big deal because retailers come from all over to get their product.

- I don't know the final word on which states I have but I know I have some of the southern states (Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama) and some eastern states (Maine, Vermont).

- You'd think that the other sales people would be girls considering it's a female industry for the most part, but all the other sales people are guys. Everyone has been there at least a couple years so I'm a runt.

- I get to wear jeans when I'm in the office. can you believe it?


I will say... I have the most supportive husband in the world. When I was interviewing and learned of the travel, I mentioned I needed to talk to my husband to see how he feels about the travel before I could go forth. Of coarse, Drew was so supportive. He got a ski pass at Sundance with some friends and plans on skiing while I'm gone when he has free time from his studies.


While I'm at it, I will say. It is amazing how everything came together with work. I've been on the job hunt like crazy and interviewing giving opportunity due diligence. But I was really holding out for the peace of finding a good it. The timing of it all worked out perfectly. I've been working for months on out honeymoons scrapbook. I finished that last Sunday and got my start day for Wednesday. A day earlier would of been too soon--I had an NCAA meeting. I'm grateful for the past few months off. We've been having a good time getting all comfy in our apartment and getting of the grove of things. Now I'm off to work and I'm really excited.


3 comments:

Rachel Ricchio said...

i'm so excited to hear all about your photog classes and the new job. can't wait to see you!

Pierce and Stacy said...

Mar! That's so exciting. How was your first week?

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Sounds like the perfect job! You are one blessed little girl, but no surprise, because you really deserve all the blessings in the world. I am so happy for you!