After a good 3 months on the job hunt trying to find the best fit, I'm there! I recently decided to work with American Crafts in corporate sales. It's amazing how it all worked out but basically I was interviewing for an accounting position and they moved me to the sales department because they though I might be a good fit there. I hadn't even realized that American Craft was a scrapbooking manufacture when I went in for that first interview. That was a huge plus though cause no only do I love scraptbooking but it is such a friendly industry. So I work in sales along with 5 others. I've never thought I would pursue sales but this seems to be different that what I had imagined...
-We're a manufacture so we sell to other corporations and companies
- I have specific states I'm assigned to be over and responsible to follow up with. So I just follow up with the companies to get inventory to their stores.
- Once a week out of the month I'll go to a specific area, state, to do face to face sales with some of our best clients and good prospects.
- Trade shows twice a year are a big deal because retailers come from all over to get their product.
- I don't know the final word on which states I have but I know I have some of the southern states (Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama) and some eastern states (Maine, Vermont).
- You'd think that the other sales people would be girls considering it's a female industry for the most part, but all the other sales people are guys. Everyone has been there at least a couple years so I'm a runt.
- I get to wear jeans when I'm in the office. can you believe it?
I will say... I have the most supportive husband in the world. When I was interviewing and learned of the travel, I mentioned I needed to talk to my husband to see how he feels about the travel before I could go forth. Of coarse, Drew was so supportive. He got a ski pass at Sundance with some friends and plans on skiing while I'm gone when he has free time from his studies.
While I'm at it, I will say. It is amazing how everything came together with work. I've been on the job hunt like crazy and interviewing giving opportunity due diligence. But I was really holding out for the peace of finding a good it. The timing of it all worked out perfectly. I've been working for months on out honeymoons scrapbook. I finished that last Sunday and got my start day for Wednesday. A day earlier would of been too soon--I had an NCAA meeting. I'm grateful for the past few months off. We've been having a good time getting all comfy in our apartment and getting of the grove of things. Now I'm off to work and I'm really excited.