Friday, November 14, 2008

"Happy Place"

We've been doing a lot of talking about our 'happy places.' It's hard to pinpoint exactly what that means, but basically it's a place you can turn to and rely on for instant happiness. I don't know if it's because all of the memories that flood through the mind once your there... or the warm fuzzies that we expedience being in these places. But you get the point. They're 'happy places.'
It's been fun to articulate the places we call "our happy places"--some we enjoy together. And others we enjoy individually..."my happy place."
We both agreed our happy place is....

riding horses togetherMt. Timpanogos

the Temple

Andrew's "Happy Places" include....

Fast cars... especially when he was able to car-sit this Ferrari for a week. Being in the REAL stadium. This was back before it was finished and we had to wear hard hats.


And my Happy Places...

Swimming with the dolphins Just being in Anthro...

Visiting my gradparents--Mommee & Nana

I've spent many many hours here. One tough summer between basketball & school, I would go there once a week by myself working on a plate collections. Now my husband takes me often. It never fails me.



2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I really like this post. It's fun to have happy places together and they'll just keep growing! Cute pictures Mar.

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

What a sweet post. It makes me think about what our "happy places" our. I would have to agree with you on the Anthropologie. That would definitely be on my own list. If I step into that store, I'm bound to stay for ATLEAST an hour, no less. I love all the pictures of you and Andrew. Especially the "hard hat" one, that is so cute.

We should go to color me mine together sometime. I like that place.