Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I stopped at TJ Max the other day on a lunch break and walked out with 2 of these great glass bottles for $1.00 a piece--90% off. You can't get the full feel of the bottle by the pic but they are as tall as my forearm and have a white paint etching on the glass. I just love them. I did a bit of research and found out that this was a limited edition bottle designed by a respectable clothes designer. Aklthought, I could care less about that factor.
When you live in a non alchoholic world, you are always looking for that better alternative to say 'cheers.' I think this is the perfect fit for our upcoming celebrations...
We have plenty of reasons to celebrate with these chic waters that have to opened with a bottle opener. whew! (I don't even think I own one). Andrew is about to finish another tough semester, and I've had a full time job for over a year now.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
This past week I had some work in southern Louisiana. I went out of my way to stay in Natchitoches. For over 80 years now they have the most amazing lights along the bayou. Steel Magnolias was filmed in this quaint town. They have some very old plantations you can tour. The old coblestone road along the bayou is a favorite characteristic.
for my sister Helen and her husband Heber who just completed a 26 mile marathon in Baton Rouge. Without walking and without ear-phones, they finished together hand in hand. My sister had her second baby just 13 months ago and is still nursing above all. Helen referred to the marathon as a relief from running with the double stroller for so long. I think they are incredible and wanted to get a shout out.
Andrew's sister, Elizabeth, was just named captain of her cheer squad in Connecticut. Not only is she the cutest one out there, but she is a true leader for her team. I'm glad we got to see her perform here recently.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
1. Sometimes at night when I can’t fall asleep, I’ll say ‘Tell me a story.’ Andrew says, ‘Do you want a childhood story, mission story, or made up story?” He proceeds from there.
2. Prefers Gatorade over water
3. Collects soccer jerseys.
4. Andrew is a very ‘efficient driver.’ It makes me visibly nervous at times and he claims, “I’m a New Yorker."
5. He adores his nieces and nephew--going to be a great daddy.
6. Reminisces about his mission in London often...holds his experiences there dear to his heart.
7. Sportcenter makes for good ‘background music’ when he studies or working on homework at his desk.
8. I love how he is proactive about getting his hair cut. Before I even notice, he will recognize it is ‘long’ and get an appointment. I love that my husband is so clean cut.
9. Takes the lead with planning a date night each week.
10. Super supportive of all my interests and desires. For example: We went to 4 different Anthropolgies in the past 1 week’s time. He never complained. Just simply found the couch and settled until I was done looking around.
11. He takes the initiative to call my grandmother occasionally and say hello. She loves him too!
12. He assumes the best in people and is quick to give another the benefit of the doubt. His love for others takes precedence over another’s fallacy, anger, or shortcoming. He really elevates me here by encouraging me to do the same.
13. I don’t think I’ve checked the mail once since we were married. Okay, this past summer I did because he was absent. But he is quick to check the mail on his way back to campus. Small thing. But for me who really doesn’t like to check the mail, it’s so wonderful.
14. He likes to eat out as much as I do. I go on spurts where I plan and cook a good bit and then other droughts where I feel like eating out because work is over my head and the last thing I want to do is cook. He is flexible either way—never complains about it.
15. He calls me periodically throughout the day to check up on me at work. I’m dependent on his calls before his classes and when he gets out. The intervals really break up my day nicely.
16. He’s never questioned a manicure or pedicure or suggested that we could save up in that department.
17. He wears Timberlands and Redwing boots. So hot!
18. When I’m on the road for work, he talks me to sleep at night on the phone.
19. I talk in my sleep a ton. Andrew loves quoting me and telling me all about it when I wake up. He finds it so amusing.
20. I'm infatuated with his good looks. The end!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
I'm loving my minty nails right now--yes, even in the winter. Fashion week hit it hot with the green. I read that the Chanel Jade was sold out in a week's time.
So I decided to try the Essie green out. And I love it! I'm thinking my polish might be a bit more blue though. I can't figure out what color it is to be exact...
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
is my cousin's company where they make stand up cardboard people. They were featured on the Today show this morning on NBC. So I think my cousin Todd is kind of cool.
They've sold over 40,000 New Moon characters in the past 6 weeks. Click here to see some of the different characters they make. You could get one made of yourself too if you'd like. You could bypass shipping cost and just go pick it up in Salt Lake.
For all you New Moon lovers, watch the Today clip here.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Photos that make you look twice and either tweak a memory or inspire you in some sort of way.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
A coat completes my wardrobe in the winter time. I can simply wear a comfortable tee-shit underneath, yet feel put together when wearing a coat of choice. Although Utah's winter are full of snow, it is so dry. I hardly feel the peircing cold that demands multiple layers for survival. Which is why I'm able to adore these...