Thursday, January 1, 2009

1/1/2009

It's hard to believe that 2009 is here. I remember celebrating 2000 like it was yesterday-with Nana & Grandpa in LA. I can't think of any better way to kick of the 1st of a new year...no school, no basketball, no work, no to-do list, no obligations... just family lounging around enjoying relaxation and a bit of idleness. Moments like these allow me to reflect on the past and think a bit about the future--which might provoke a few more blog posts.

Having said that, I'm currently enjoying a warm cozy room full of poinsettias while sitting by the Christmas tree. The guys are scattered watching football. 6 of us just returned from a great snowmobile ride. I was actually warm layered in heavy clothing (huge plus while snowmobiling) and I even got up to 60 mph. The snow/powder was perfect and the sun was out so my face was not blistering cold from snow flurries. Can you tell I've had a bad snowmobile experience in the past? I'm back on track and crazy about it. This was just the experience I needed.



No comments: