Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goal #3: Run the Wasach Back

My sister-in-law Katie has put together a team of 12 to run the Wasach Back. This is a 170 mile run that we do as a team. We all have different legs at it. The most we run with one leg is 9 miles. What makes the race so hard is that we only have a few hours recovery time before we have to run again. It is in the mountains, so everyone has a leg that goes straight up. And the altitude is going to be crazy high.

So my goal is to run this. I haven't run since my last knee surgery before I got married when the Dr. said I had a degenrative knee and that high impact and running wasn't best. I've jsut been walking for a year. I started running again this week and feel great. I will be my own best judge with this one. After the race, I will give it another's year rest I'm sure. It had getting in good running shape. Drew and I have both committed to doing it and we don't want to be the weak link. We're going for it! Can wait to follow up with another post about it in 6 months. Whew!

This is such a silly picture but it is the only thing I could find to go along with this post. I always like to include a pic with the post. So I thought a running picture would be necessary... don't have many of those but this one kinda. This was on our honeymoon... We were leaving church trying to get back to the train so we didn't have to wait for the next one. Since I was in the mindset of not running, I did a very powerful power walk. My powerwalk did keep up with Drew's jog. That was a simple but hillarious memory from the honeymoon. Andrew managed to get in front and take a pic. We decided that men don'e have the hips to do a mad powerwalk.


1 comment:

Steve and Dayna said...

Mary- I just caught up on your latest posts. It looks like you had so much fun with Drew and his family over Christmas. Snowmobiling looked so awesome! I loved reading about all your goals for this year. What great goals. I have no doubt you will achieve each one. When will I see you next? We need to get together to the gym here soon- get you training for that run of yours!