Saturday, January 10, 2009

This time last year~

Work was so busy this week, I could hardly look right or left or even take a break for much casual conversation. I had two consecutive days of 11 hours in the office--no lunch--plugging away with everything I knew I had to get done by the end of the week. This is for another post, but recently I walk away from work feeling like a terrible friend, sister, and wifey because every time someone calls I have to get off the phone right away cause I'm so busy. I just have trouble coming off of a tense work moment (I do it to myself. Works not too tense but I have expectations for myself to get stuff done and can't fall short of it.)

Anyways... yesterday at the time crunch of it all realizing how much I had left to do yet not much time, I remembered that this time last year I was in Africa. I had a tender moment in my office.... It was really special--hard to describe in writing. But I was overwhelmed with how much I've done in the past year and how much I really have to be grateful for. Not a week goes by that I don't think of Africa. It changed my life forever. But not just that. The memories there with my dad are priceless.
And then my dad called and we were able to reminisce.

These flashbacks of my trip with dad to Africa were a sure 'tender mercy.' It helped me come down a bit from stress buildup and relive me for a bit.


1 comment:

Steve and Dayna said...

What an amazing experience you must have had there. How great you could do something like that- something that has changed your life for the better and something you will never ever forget.

I need to get my butt to Africa one day. I mean, hello, I have a Ghanaian sister-in-law for crying out loud. :)