Sunday, March 29, 2009

Colorful Collection...

1. I love, love, love Tarina Tarantino. All her jewelry is so unique and full of color. In fact, Tarina basically redesigned and did a higher end of 'hello kitty.' As a little girl, I loved Hello Kitty. I never really grew out of it.

It's a neat story how this love came about...

I saw the following picture in a magazine when I was in high school. I was hesitant in bringing Cameron Diaz into this because she is by NO means the reason I love Tarina. But this is the picture I saw and exact necklace I loved, and happily wear.

When I saw it, I couldn't find it anywhere on the Internet--I didn't know the designer's name. I just assumed it was 'hello kitty.' But it's not--just similar.

It wasn't till my Senior yr. spring break that mom and I went to NYC for a week. We were eating at Tavern on the Green when we saw this necklace in the gift shop. I could have died. There it was! After dinner, mom was kind enough to get it for me.

Mom later told me that she knew she had raised a confidant daughter when she saw me wear it whenever and with whatever I wanted--always. Whatever that means... If that derives confidence...

I'm obviously not the only one to wear Tarina. Many others do. But I consider it a unique specialty...

I wore it virtually every day for a year straight. I still wear it on special occasions. Odd enough, I recently had day dreams of wearing this necklace as a happy mom holding my little girl all in a pink lacy dress. I like to day dream--my past time when I run.

When mom and I went to Milan, we came upon a Tarina store. We had so much fun looking around. I still just have the one necklace--that's all I want. But I could and did spend a very long time picking through each piece of Tarina.

Enjoy!




3 comments:

Martha Abell said...

I will always remember you waaring that necklace!!! We had so much fun together and I love you so much. Thanks for a great 2 weeks in Utah and letting me stay with you and Andrew! xoxoxoxoxo

Steve and Dayna said...

I recall you wearing that necklace a time or two freshman year... how is the designer able to put a hello kitty on all her stuff?

Mary Martha said...

I read an article that she worked wtih Sario (or whatever he name is) to 'redesign.'