Monday, March 30, 2009

It hits home...

4. I love and adore my china. As long as I can remember, I've always adored beautiful china.

I don't know if it's becuase my mom has a beautiful hutch of sentimental china that she always used on 'special occasions.' Or maybe it was the beautiful china I saw growing up when we'd tour plantations. I remember in London seeing some of the royal famalies china as we toured Windsor Castle. I was taken back...

I thought about what china I would one day register for long before I got married. I adored the pattern my sister picked out. It is the oldest Lennox pattern that is still current. A lot of the older ladies in town have it--very classic. I like that it has color and is so intricate. I always wanted somthing a bit more than the traditional gold rim. I also love the urn in the middle of the plate.

So I choose the same pattern as my sister. I love that we have the same. It's not the first time I've copied somthing of my sister. Our silver is different though. Helen got the matching silver that has all the fruit on the stem (Francis I think it is).


This is the five piece place setting.

Look how intricate. I love the touch of orange. It is slightly raised too.The teapot is my favorite piece in the collection. But I love the gravy compote--I think it's called.

My sweet mother-in-law just started me of the following Holiday collection. Every Christmas she gets us a piece. I'm thrilled! I can't awit to proerly display it in a hutch--many moons from now.



1 comment:

Steve and Dayna said...

I too love china- but we have none. Some day, some day. I love yours, so classic and gorgeous. I love the blue. Very pretty. You always have such beautiful taste.