Thursday, March 19, 2009

RSVP... do you know what that means?

My goodness... this isn’t my first frustration with the lack of responses to an RSVP request. But it’s reached new heights. I’m trying to plan something and it would really help if everyone would cooperate..I guess that would be too easy though...

Mom taught me with b-day invites from when I was younger that if it says RSVP, you respond right away. Did anyone else learn that too?

Sorry to vent. But while I’m at it, let’s see exactly what it means. I've always wondered...


Wikipedia gives us the translation... "Répondez s'il vous plaît"..This French phrase translates to “please respond.” The description goes on to say, “It is standard practice to reply to an RSVP request whether confirming or declining.”


2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

Agreed. I am a firm believer in RSVP's and thank you notes. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your function. Good luck!

Steve and Dayna said...

Amen, sista. My mom was gun-ho about teaching us the importance of RSVP (and on time!), thank you notes, common courtesy stuff you know? Almost to a point where we would get in serious trouble with HER if we didn't. Came to find out its not as important/common around these parts... don't know why...