Saturday, March 7, 2009

Transitional moments...

I've had some tender moments recently as I see my life just on speed by before my eyes. As weird as it sounds, it's true.

I've been here--at BYU--for almost 5 years now. I can't believe all the fun I've had, friends I've made, and wide range of experiences. Having said that, I have a ton to be grateful for. My 'BYU experience' will always be something I highly revere. I couldn't of written up a better story.

As much as I've loved it here, I've been very clear that I have no intentions of staying and that I will/would never live here. Which this still holds true, but as that day approaches nearer, it makes me a bit sad. Not so much because I'll be leaving, but because I'll be closing this chapter.


Since this is year 5 in Provo, naturally, I've had a lot of friends transition on out of here. The last friend I had leave wigged me out. I had a good cry when I dropped her off for the last time cause I just cant believe it's happening.


As much as I want to have my own family and have new beginnings with Drew, I wouldn't mind living in our cutsie apartment enjoying our 'BYU chapter' forever.


At Christmas, we had one of our best friends move back to London. Stuart and I were good friends since freshman year. When Andrew came into the picture, they ended up being even better friends. We were sad to see Stuart go--that really through me off and realized time was evolving and moving forward.


And recently, I got the basketball 'alumni' invite that they have every year. I couldn't go cause I was gone for work, but that tripped me up too. Alumni really? No! Before long, I won't even know whose playing--I don't even know who is in the new recruiting class.


Time marches on... We wouldn't have it any other way. I'm anxious to see what else is in store. Meanwhile, we're going to live up these next 2 years~ Maybe by then we'll be ready...


5 comments:

Silly Lily said...

that picture is so cute!

TeamWatkins said...

The BYU experience is the best! I am so glad to be out of the cold but sometimes I still miss it, especially good friends like YOU!!!!

Steve and Dayna said...

i hear ya sista. i feel the same way.

Rachel Ricchio said...

i loved being able to be apart of that amazing and romantic night! can i tell you that i really don't like coming to the blog to find out what's going on in your life?! i miss you and want to hear your voice!!!

whitney said...

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this picture....(sorry I kinda ruined it though) That was such a fun night! Canterwood #8 were the good 'ol days. I sometimes wish we could go back...minus a few things