Sunday, April 19, 2009

I can't help it...

5. But I'm obsessed with STROLLERS. Isn't that odd for someone who really has no clue and doesn't even have a baby on the way?

I've always noticed strollers, but I think I fell for them this past summer. I couldn't help but notice of the NY moms out walking with their adorable strollers. I had a few blocks walk to and from the train station. I often spotted some of the following strollers. Funny enough, I remember standing at a street corner waiting to cross standing next to what I thought was the most adorable stroller. Knowing I have a bad short term memory, I wrote down the name to do further investigation.
It's pitiful that I've included so many pics on this post. I should just linked them. But I wanted to see them all listed out.This is the Bugaboo Cameleon. I love the bassinet addition even though it has a short life of use. I used to think this one was a bit odd, but it might be my absolute favorite now. It's the Xplory Stokke. This is just a random pic online but it helps to see how proportional it is. Since I'm extremely tall, I assume it has its advantages to the baby being higher. I pushed one around in a store one time and it seems so smooth. I didn't have to bend over with it either. So many strollers I have to hover to push--I can't stand that. It's really versatile. The bummer is that there is no where to put you're baby bag.

I used to think the Baby Orbit was the greatest. It has a neat concept. It can turn every direction on the stand and is supposed to be super easy to get in and out of the car. I think I'm over this one now though. I've heard it's really heavy. This is the Micralite Toro. I don't know a ton about this one actually. But I wouldn't mind learning more about it. This is just the bassinet to the Quinny Buzz. They come in a ton of different colors. It's a lot like the Cameleon. The handles adjust up and down too which is key for me.


4 comments:

breanna said...

i know we've talked strollers before...i LOVE bassinet strollers because lets be honest they are ADORABLE!!! buuuuut so impractial. all the ones you listed are so cute, but only useful with one kid! you should definetly check out the phil & ted's...BEST STROLLER EVER! and definetely one that you can use forever!

i have the doubles seat and the cacoon...i don't think that i could function out of the house without it! and it seriously can handle everthing...from the horrible sidewalks in nola to weeks at disney! i have the green one :) it makes me happy! when i got mine a couple of years ago they only had the sport model,but the vibe looks so plush and comfy! it's defintely the way to go!

Sara said...

Mary Martha - This is a dream come true! I just randomly clicked on your blog from someone else's (didn't even know that you had one until right now) and what do you know...you're giving out free stroller lessons! Our baby is due in two months and the most intimidating thing about this whole process, for me, is the stoller! There are just so many choices - it's really overwhelming. Thanks for your insight!
Love, Sara (Pratt) Henriod

P.S. - I looked at you wedding shots too and you are GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you've had such a happy wedding day and such a happy first year. Congratulations!

theparkernewlyweds said...

Dont feel wierd or bad I am obsessed with baby strollers and think the Bugaboos are the way to go for me. Hay has one and Loves it.. I have never heard of some of those so thanks for the post and I dont even have a baby on the way...

kate said...

That means it time my love!