Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh, the places you go...

is the book that odd enough keeps coming to mind as I travel this week. Life is truly an adventure.

I'm in Minnesota. I miss my husband a ton. But I've covered a lot of ground and have met some great people. I've learned a ton on top of that.

A few highlights....

*The first night I stayed in a hotel on the Mississippi (Wisconsin and Minnesota border). I kept looking out my room somewhat in awe that this is the same river I'm so familiar with yet it's so far from home. I wondered how far a letter would go if I sent one on in a bottle as we used to do when we were younger. We didn't always learn of our letters destiny but I'm sure I'd have more luck starting in Minnesota as opposed to Louisiana--much farther to go before it goes into the gulf.

*I drove through some wide open farming spaces. It's really beautiful. The old barns and silo's are so interesting to me.



*Minnesota has over 10,000 lakes apparently. They're everywhere. I ended up in some really small town with old main streets. It's neat.
*The store below is one of my biggest clients in Minnesota. It's not a corporate store either. It is family owned. This is one large craft store twice the size of a Michael's or Hobby Lobby--puts them to shame. It's neat how the outside makes it look like there are multiple stores in one. Adjacent is a similar size store of their 'closeout product'. I could have spent hours here. I did actually. But I could have spent more time on my own. They have scrapbooking, quilting, craft, yarn, stamping...EVERYTHING imaginable that you could think of related to craft.
* Some of the Country radio stations here match those from my Texas trip--love it!

* Although I've been pulled over twice, I've talked myself out of it two times. Both times I was on the phone with Drew and said, "Gotta go, the cop just pulled me over." ha!

It's been an exhausting week--a character building one as well. Just when i thought b-ball was stretching me and challenging me in ways I'd never have to experience again, I got a job--a challenging one at that. I continuously growing and expanding my comfort zone.

But I'm ready to go home. And I am tomorrow. whew! I've been here since Sunday night. It's not right for somone madly in love to be apart from their lover this long...

It's going to be a great weekend. You'll soon learn why...


3 comments:

Lisa Hill said...

Oh Minnesota is beautiful!! My cousin lives there. You will love the fact that I have started a blog about Louisiana. All about the music, the food, the landscape, ALL THINGS LOUISIANA WONDERFUL!! Pass the word. I love love blog stalkers. It's new, but I will update on a daily basis!

http://livinlouisiana.blogspot.com

Steve and Dayna said...

How lucky you are to travel to so many neat locations for WORK! A dream job I tell ya. Sounds and looks like a beautiful place.

Dayna said...

sounds like work is fun for you, I hope you weren't too cold in minnesota!

hopefully I can see you soon!