Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good times...

My mom sent me a series of text the other day that started like this.

Mom: " Roger Federer or Lance Armstrong"
Me: "Armstrong"

She continued on making me choose between two greats and sometimes painfully making me choose between two terrible things as well.

I had nearly forgotten a great memory of one of mine and Andrew's first dates. It all came flooding back.

Drew and I were on maybe our third date. It was already apparent that we were very comfortable and compatible around each other--conversation flowed without much reservation.

I can still remember where we were driving around... It's a blur how this conversation got started but so naturally we were covering the basics--that get to know you stuff.

Me: Beach or snow?
Drew: Beach

Me: Cats or dogs?
Drew: dogs

Me: Nike or polo?
Drew: Nike

Me: Newborns or grammies?
Drew: Newborns

Me: Steak or chicken?
Drew: Steak!

We were laughing having a good time clearly. We went back and forth for a while. So then I slipped the following in there (keep in mind we weren't official, just clicking and having a good time).

Me: Tall girls or short girls?
Drew: Short

Me: What? (Did he really just say that?)

Drew: (With the cutest grin ever) Doesn't mean I wouldn't take a good piece of chicken over a piece of steak.

I just love him--can't get enough. I'm so proud to call him my husband.

*Extra note: Drew had always dated really petite girls. He latter defended himself by saying that he was responding in the same past tense as the other questions--what he had traditionally liked in the past. He covered well.


2 comments:

Julianne said...

Very cute post... you two make such a cute couple. Can't wait to see you at the wedding!

Rachel Ricchio said...

love him.