Monday, May 4, 2009

Living what you love...

Is something I've grown to really admire about my mom. Vaguely speaking, when mom loves something, she flat out lives it--expressive about it in various way.

Let me attempt to explain.

The beauty of individualism and uniqueness is for everyone to enjoy. Too often society seems to define the norm by placing a standard of 'what's in' or more commonly said, 'what's popular.'  I'm guilty of it too--critiquing one here and there for stepping out a bit.

But for the most part, I like to think of myself as somewhat a free spirit--one willing to self express and live through the very things I'm passionate about.

This is just something I've been thinking a lot about recently.  The more I'm around my mom and the older I get, I cling to this charac
teristic. 

Anyone that knows her would agree.


Not that a picture can portray what I spoke to above, but this is a pic of mom & I  in our Ed Hardy shirts.  Mom could care less who Ed Hardy is. But when she saw the shirt that said "Death before dishonor," she couldn't resist. It reminded her of an Opera. & the bright pants she's been working since I can remember. 


5 comments:

whitney said...

I just love your mama.

andrew Checketts said...

As someone who knows you and Momeece and I like to call her I can say you both live what you love. Great post babe. Im glad your mother raised you the way she did. xoxo- Andrew

Steve and Dayna said...

i don't know her, but i love her!

Steve and Dayna said...

ps. that was such a sweet comment from andrew. you have a kind husband.

Bridget Mcferrin said...

Mary- been loving your blog- I have to agree with this whole heartedly- your mom is so unique and has always amazed me- someone to really look up to!