Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I heart my job...

A lot of my time with work is spent with independent stores spread across my 10 assigned states. My most recent trip was to the south. whoop whoop! I went to the cutest store I can't even begin to describe. I had another customer tell me that they read about me on her blog. If you want a good laugh read about it here.

My stature throws many off when they meet me for the first time and just when I thought I could say I've heard everything in the book, she said something new--"legs up to her neck." Some people apologize when they hear others comments. But no worries. I love it! I've never known any different. I always wait for the next one...

The best was when I went to a theater play with the fam and some old man came up at the intermission and said, "You are one tall drink of water." My dad was close enough to hear and got livid. And by that I mean his face got really red and you could just tell he was holding back. I was laughing so hard at the whole experience.

Andrew and I are just glad we met when we did, becuase when he was a freshman in high school he was 5"2 and when I was a freshman, at the same time, I was 6"1. He was a late bloomer. But oh did he bloom...


5 comments:

Rachel Ricchio said...

that is hilarious. however, you both are tall drinks of water :)

Dayna said...

that is so funny!!!

amandatimoteo said...

I love reading your blog. It sounds like you really love your job and are really good at it!!

Lauren Dyer said...

Mary Martha, I love your blog! You are so funny, and I love your perspective on life.

Mari Kjar said...

i love the fact alone that that lady was from mississippi. that south- i miss it. you are always the most special tallgirl 5050 to me. :)