Monday, July 20, 2009

Collectibles...

My family is extremely sentimental and likes to collect things. When I was home, I decided to capture a few...


My mom has stored away our various letterman rings. Is that what you call them? I appreciated seeing them clumped together. My mom's high school ring as well as her BYU ring is in there as well. Then we've got my brother's Eagle Scout ring and our state championship rings. There are a couple BYU conference champ rings too. I brought one back to wear these next couple of months. It's kinda fun to be wearing a class ring again. Pardon the terrible photography. I'm working on it--

My mom has some beautiful Lladro's. My sister collects these that remind her of the special crossroads of her life.

These are the old Barclay soldiers made in the early 1900's. There are some extremely rare ones now. One at a time, my mom and brother have hunted these down. Not a Christmas goes by where he doesn't get one.

I collected patches when I went to various countries. I had a stash full and decided to put them on a skirt. You won't find me wearing these here, but you mind in Europe--of you're lucky.

My brother collected license plates when he was in high school. Every time we passed through another state or a relative did, we would hunt one down. He has some really old ones. It's a neat collection displayed in the garage. Don't mind the stragglers hanging on for dear life.







6 comments:

breanna said...

I LOVE seeing the pictures from your house...it makes me feel like I'm home!

Harold said...

i like the rings. good times.

MARTHA ABELL said...

I LIKE HAROLDS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RING!! (FOR TENNIS) NOW THOSE WERE GOOD TIMES!!!!

Whitney Elizabeth said...

You could totally rock that skirt here Mar!

Julie said...

I enjoyed your post--cool collections. If I had more time I'd post something other that vacation pics. Maybe after school starts...

Dayna said...

WEAR THE SKIRT. JUST DO IT. ha!

Oh and this totally made me think of things Steve and I use to collect when we were little.

He collected pins and put them on a sweet jean jacket. Much like your jean skirt.

And I collected candles. All sorts.