Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I saw Nancy Carrigan today...

I'm in Sun Valley for a grande family reunion on my husband's side. There are 60 of us here. Pics to come later.

Sun Valley hosts a great ice show on the weekends. I saw on the event sheet in our room that she was performing this weekend. I will be gone by then. I was bummed cause in '94 when everything went down with Tonya Harding, I was so into it. I was 9 years old then and I loved ice skating and the Olympics.

I wasn't expecting to just see her out and about. But I was thrilled when I did.

It's been 15 years since this pic so naturally she has aged--still fit though. But I still recognized.



When I saw Nancy, I was a bit taken back I must admit. She was walking to her lodge. I just so happened to be walking in that direction--well kinda. I think she knew I was taking a double take. She's got some cute kids I must say.

I watched some You Tube clips of want happened back in the day and read some articles. Ironically so, Tonya Harding ended up being the big looser in the whole ordeal.

She went the boxing route a few years back in fact. I was shocked to read about that.



4 comments:

Suzie and Chadd said...

I was just in Sun Valley a month ago! So pretty there!

Lauren Dyer said...

Wow, Tonya Harding is scary looking.

We love Sun Valley. We spend every Thanksgiving there.

Rachel Ricchio said...

i loved watching nancy skate! that would be so cool to see her.

Julianne said...

Gotta love Nancy. So graceful...

Gotta loathe Tonya.

Is that wrong?