Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Embrace your birthday...

I've decided that September 6th is an extra special day to have a birthday. Let me explain...

When your young, it's especially nice because its at the start of ever school year and teachers are on top of all their plannings with the new school year. They always make the first month's birthdays special to set precedence for the new school year. And we all know that when December rolls around, they are are old. Teachers don't quite execute like they did at the start.

And when you get older is is nice to celebrate your birthday on a long Labor Day weekend while having an extra day off work.

The weather is nice in September.

Your birthday is in between holidays which breaks up things nicely.

Needless to say, I love my birthday. It was extra special this year. Andrew is always so thoughtful and generous. I appreciate all his efforts. I had the luxury of having my parents in town this past week as well as Andrew's parents this past weekend. My mother-in-law made my 'favorite dinner' following a rich chocolate cake. & my Mom was extremely generous too. One of these days I'll show you what she got me...

My good friend from home, who is now at school out here (whew!), picked me up from work with some flowers--so kind and thoughtful.



8 comments:

coral said...

you only deserve the best my love!!!

Dayna said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you! You're the greatest!

Harold said...

You played some great tennis yesterday. Let's get you back out there soon!

nichole said...

happy birthday! it sounds like it was a great day... hope it turns into a great year!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Happy happy birthday! Hope it was everything you wanted and more!

thacfam said...

awww happy birthday MAR! i miss/love you!!!

Rachel Ricchio said...

omg that comment was from me. sorry, haha.

Mary said...

happy belated birthday!