Thursday, January 28, 2010

#5. Fruit stands (top HI memories)

Loved having the fresh fruit stands at my fingertips--tons of fresh fruit. This Juice Stand was almost 'too fresh.' None of us finished ours--too strong.




Surprisingly, the pineapples are more expensive than I remembered them being. When we were in HI for basketball a few years ago, teammates were getting them for a buck and bringing them home. I didn't see one for under $5. Apparently, it is getting to be too expensive to farm them there so they are outsourcing to other countries. Sad.



2 comments:

TeamWatkins said...

This is one of the things I miss most about living in Hawaii. It was so nice to just stop on the side of the road for a fresh mango.

Diana Hulme said...

our pineapples were $8...crazy! :) and they made my tongue feel fuzzy...haha