Saturday, January 9, 2010

Twinkies in a tube, skirt...



My sister is the queen of taking tube top dresses and wearing it as a skirt. On multiple occasions, I'm taken back by the beautiful skirts I see her wearing that touch the ground. That just doesn't happen when you are 6+ feet. She advises me to "just buy a tube and pull it down."

So I'm back in Texas for work and we were looking to spend some time together out & about. Anthro brings no greater joy for us to do so. We walked out with matching knitted skirts to wear to church tomorrow. Although this one isn't to the floor, it comfortably covers the knee. And it has the cutest little birds perched on a tree. The tag read this...

There's a tree outside my window that I believe to be a matchmaking tree. I often see two birds land at separate times upon the limbs and after a few minutes they begin to sing to each other. Before you know it, they fly off with one another, just wingtips apart. The fairisle on this dress tells the story of the matchmaking tree.

I just love this. Anything tender like this brings me back to my husband. I loath our absence when I have to travel for work, but I've loved seeing my sister and soaking up her goodness--and stylish suggestions.

Photobucket



5 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

That's funny, I've totally done that before. Not that I needed the length, I just couldn't find a cute white skirt... WhaaaaLa!

P.S. you were in my dreams last night. I don't know why. I think it's because Pierce and I were watching ESPN right before bed and I thought about you and college bball. :) MIss you.

LP & TP said...

Mary!
You always post the cutest - pieces of clothing and accessories! I LOVE IT! Hope your holidays were wonderful. Happy 2010!
Missss ya lady!

Rachel Ricchio said...

i love anthro.

Dayna said...

clever idea! How fun and such a cute skirt/dress! I can't wait to see you in it!

Kozlowski Family said...

I love it! I'll have to try that. Wow...seems like your staying busy. I hope all is going well for you! Post more clothing tips, or websites to check out! I love your style.