Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1850's Bank of Spice Drawers...


Isn't this the neatest drawer set you have ever seen in your life? I must have opened every drawer and read through every label the first time I saw it in Seattle. This old piece is from England where it was at one point an old refrigerator for multiple spices, breads, and even fish (bigger compartments at the bottom). I could easily give this piece a home for multiple storing purposes. But the $12,000 tag must mean it already has a home and isn't meant to be moved from the store. The old wood and tattered fabric covered knobs are amazing. I can only visualize the era and people putting this to use.

I have had fun researching similar purposes on line. Nothing compares...

Photobucket





3 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

so cool!!! they have one that's kind of similar at anthro. love it. your new blog design is sweeeet. :)

TeamWatkins said...

I love your new background & title! So cute!

cutiepiebrule said...

Spice drawers interesting did you get to taste any?