Monday, March 1, 2010

4 days, 4 states, 4 anthro's

When I travel for work, I try to see the local anthropogie once I'm done with everything for the day. I had a good laugh last week with my husband when I realized I had been to Milwaukee, WI; Chicago, IL, and St. Louis, MO in three day's time. When he picked me up from the airport, we made a quick stop into Salt Lake's antho just so I could say 4 in 4 in 4.

Let me tell you why I love going to such a variety of anthropogies. Although the clothes overlap in each, the setup and the unique decor or 'special finds' are always so different. There isn't an item of clothing I've wanted from anthro in a while actually. But the apothecary cabinets and old cotton carriers (in the Milwaukee store) are amazing to see. I just love them.

I did come home with one thing last week. I only saw these Garden Markers in one of the stores. I think they are so neat. They aren't as old as they look, but I can just imagine these in a garden marking what has been planted. After doing some research, I found that you can get them here. They are a little cheaper to buy them direct of course.

I'm not sure I'll ever have a garden of mine own--I appreciate the grocery and farmer's market too much to do that. So I will probably just stick them in a Mason jar and enjoy.

Photobucket


3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Sounds like fun - those are really cute. Did I tell you I work at Anthropologie? Love it.

Rachel Ricchio said...

oooo mar! i love those!!!!

Lorie said...

these are awesome, i attempted a herb garden last summer, and didn't last long, but was fun. i love reading your blog and virtually catching up with what is going on in your life. I'll have to call soon and catch up for real.