Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's Brooks & Dunn, baby...

B&D has been the prized concert I've been wanting to see for a while now. So when I heard about their debacle and plans to split, I knew I needed to act fast. I share a similar passion with my family so we made it happen last weekend in Houston where my sister lives. The weekend was great enough just being together. But this concert and the rodeo preceeding was heavenly. Yes, the smell of livestock, sweaty horses, and fresh leather is one I hope to enjoy in heaven.

I have the fondest memories of Brooks & Dunn playing at the barn growing up. It's the best background music while riding horses. 'Cowgirls Don't Cry' was one of my songs on our wedding video too.


Photobucket

I'd like you to meet...

Kix Brooks, who was born in Shreveport, LA and went to school at Lousiana Tech

and Ronnie Dunn with the tight black pants.

One is a bit more personable, loving on the micraphone. And the other is far more reserve, yet his lead part in the music vocals says it all.

Farewell, my friends. Your music is such a part of me.


2 comments:

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Mar, I thought of you when I found this website...

http://nestprettythings.bigcartel.com/product/posy-necklace

Dayna said...

how fun mm! I am glad that you were able to go and have fun with your family last weekend!!!