Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Point 1/2 Marathon...

Photo op following our grueling 13 miles. Thank goodness I had my husband by my side the entire race. His words of encouragement saved me. He could have ran on but stayed by my side.

I agree it was a bit crazy to run 1/2 marathons back to back weekends. So let me explain why we chose to do so. We didn't even learn of the race until last Sunday. A part of me wanted a 'redo' because I didn't pace myself well the last time and I didn't know what to expect. After looking at the route at Thanksgiving Point, I thought it would be beautiful to run through the gardens and golf course. The Salt Lake run was on 4 lane roads such as State Street. The run today was especially beautiful along the river too. But what I didn't anticipate were the hills. They were tough. I hadn't trained for those. There were only 500 people running today as opposed to the 5,000 last week. Big difference not running on another's heals.

This was the first annual run for Thanksgiving Point. Maybe one day I can tell my kido's that I was apart of the first annual run there. And last but not least, this is where Andrew and I had our reception 2 years ago. We took many pics in these gardens. It was neat to be back with my lover trotting along.

Photobucket


3 comments:

TeamWatkins said...

Oh how fun! I love that you guys ran together, that is too cute! I've been wanting to try a half marathon for a while now but Todd said he can't train to run distances until after football. Bummer!

Sara Jayne and Tyler Baldwin said...

You guys are crazy! Two 1/2 marathons basically equals a marathon right? Way to go!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

Way to go! Can't believe you did back-to-backs. I think I am going to have to go running with you so you can woop me back into shape. ;)