Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Michael Jackson Craze...

Michael Jackson might be loved more so by Europeans than Americans. People are crazy about him here. My opinion was finalized when I saw the following tribute last week. The hotel bellman said that the shine to MJ has been their ever since his death. It is at the foot of a well know composure that has no relation to MJ. Apparently in the hotel right in front, he had made some wave to the people in the park from his balcony. I saw look a-likes and women coming every night to light candles. Their were fresh flowers and handwritten notes and drawings too. I couldn't believe it...

These pics were taken the first day in Munich which was a few days before his death anniversary. On the actually anniversary, the day we left, there were huge wreaths of fresh roses. It was crazy. I saw that in the morning. I bet there was a gathering that night.


The shrine above was in Munich. But does the hotel below look familiar? The famous shot of MJ dangling Blanket over the balcony in Berlin? People still point to that hotel as MJ's favorite. My goodness...




4 comments:

Karyna said...

Wow....

Dayna said...

I haven't been able to read your blog for a while because I have been in Washington but your trip looks AMAZING! I am so glad you got to see the passion play! It wasn't going on while we were there, but the city is still such a fun and cute city. I LOVE your pictures!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I NEED YOUR HELP!
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMENT!
I am doing something for my daughter, Amanda by starting a "KEEPING THE HOPE FOR YOU" campaign going. Will you go to her blog and go to the comment section and type in the words...'KEEPING THE HOPE FOR YOU"...Will you get as many as your friends as you can to do this too? Thanks Mary Martha. Link below
http://amandamilton.blogspot.com