Saturday, June 19, 2010

Novi Sad, Serbia


It was refreshing to see some color in Eastern Europe. I haven't seen much. The housing built under communism is mostly grey. In Romania, buildings are all grey cement. Houses built since communism (which isn't much) are painted a bright color such as red in opposition of that time. I thought that was neat, but not beautiful. This is. But here is another pedestrian street in Serbia.

Photobucket


The square...
I feel like I've said, 'This is the best pizza ever' many times. But this really was the best pizza ever...

Long story short, we were on a lovely little river cruise along the Danube River to see Europe. Due to the Danube flooding, the boat can't fit under a couple of the bridges such as this one. Thank goodness for travel insurance. We're moving on but sad to miss some of the smaller towns we wouldn't usually choose to go too. Riding bikes in unfamilair area is my favorite...


Drew in his Serbian jersey... We arrived in Serbia the day after they played and left the morning of when they played. The flag is flying all over. Wish we could of been there during a game.




2 comments:

Rachel Ricchio said...

mar you look so amazing! how fun to travel the world!

Lizzy said...

Ah this was part of my mission, and I had a companion from Novi Sad. I love this world tour you guys are taking, and you're taking some awesome pictures!