Thursday, July 22, 2010

Changing of the guards & Covenant Gardens...

Buckingham is very beautiful with the red flowers around. It hasn't rained here much at all though so the grass is dead.

The changing of the guards has to be one of the most overrated things ever. I didn't even plan on going but when I walked by and saw the mobs of people, I stopped. The horses were the greatest part but they came and went fast.


As much as I love the tube, some days I tell myself I'm just not going to use it. I crash at the end of those days from walking so much. I ended up in Covenant Gardens later this particular walking day. They cycle through the street performers. I was so tired I was content to sit and watch them for hours. Once one performs, the next comes in. I they have them time slotted.

This guy was truly amazing.

This guy was flat out crazy. I wonder if this hospital straight jacket was his at one point.

This guy would bite his apple in between juggling those sharp knives. I was impressed. He talked it up though for 20 minutes trying to gather his spectators and then it lasted for maybe 1 minute.

Good day!


1 comment:

Stacy Thiot said...

Mary, I texted you. But I really need to talk to you. I applied for a position with American Crafts, but I was too late, they filled it. I was wondering if you could help me out in anyway and be a reference? Just let me know, email me: stacybthiot@gmail.com. Thanks Mar! Love you. And keep blogging, I love learning what you are learning and seeing all of your adventures!