Monday, July 12, 2010

Our studio for the summer...

This is it!
With some free-breeze and candles, it's just perfect.

The best thing about our place is the location. We are right across the street from the Natural History Museum and V&A. The Imperial college is close by so this is student housing most of the time I think.

Our street/building...

A nightly walk to the park to catch up on the day is what I value most so far. Between Andrew's internship updates and my exploring, there is much to talk about everyday. In the states, we check in and have periodic updates throughout the day. Without a celly here, our evening walk is where it's at. I thought it would be more complex without a cell phone, but it is actually much more simple.

The best thing we did was wait until we got here to find housing. We went and saw places from internet recommendations that a fourth of this size (literally the size of a bed) for the same price as what we got this for. We have great neighbors that are very kind and welcoming too. We are a downstairs room but not quite a basement because we stick out from the building a bit and have open air outside our door. We have a sun roof above on our ceiling that gives great light. We leave our door open most all the time we are home for fresh air. No AC but that seems to be typical here.

It was furnished, but we went to IKEA to get sheets, duvet cover, and pillow cases--don't want to share those.

Last Monday we racked our brains and did a little research to come up with a wish/to-do list while we are here.

Great H2O pressure--very valuable!




6 comments:

Angela said...

OH WOW!! I love it! how fun!!!

Meggera said...

What a great opportunity! Can't wait to hear all about it in person. I love the updates! How is Andrew's internship going... I dont even know what he is doing.

Dayna said...

OH HOW FUN! That place is perfect and a great kitchen. How great that you found it! I can't wait to see all of the pictures to go along with your to do list!

Rachel Ricchio said...

i love it!

Sean and Summer said...

I love your blog. I look forward to reading your updates. And for what it's worth, I think you have a brilliant way with words--to me, it's more about the emotion behind the words than the words themselves. Keep the updates coming!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

You lived pretty close to where I lived. I love your street! I miss the beautiful streets in london.. (and everything else)