Sunday, July 11, 2010

Clydesdales & the Cotswalds...





Photobucket

The Costwalds cottages of thatched roofs and stone houses is a site to see. I would enjoy exploring these a bit more. Getting around is quite tricky though. I hoped on a day tour that took the train out a ways and then drove us to Minster Lovell. I think this town only has 40 permanent residents. The rest are little cottage weekend home. What a quaint simple lifestyle that has been well preserved. It's virtually impossible to add on or build with the restrictions. Although the limestone from afar all seems the same, each has its own personality and character. The little cottages are names too as opposed to having a house number making it more personal. (The one above is really big in comparison. Most were very small with small doors and small cozy windows)

This little road seemed okay to follow...

I couldn't resist walking in the paddock of the Clydesdales. I got excited when they started walking over from across the way but feared their huge hooves to my open toe shoes.

but harmless of course and full of love...






No comments: