Thursday, August 5, 2010

'Honest to Rod, it's true'...


Photobucket

Last month Andrew took me to the 02 arena for the most amazing concert. It was unlike anything I had been to before. He played for over 2 hours singing all his greatest hits. The crowd was so into it. But it was a very clean concert. Rod Stewart is 65 now still going strong for sure. I think he might be on his last tour and it's just in Europe. We must have been the yongest couple at this concert. But I'm here to say, dreams do come true, people. And oh how sweet it is!

Outfit #1
Outfit #2
He shed the jacket. It's probably best I didn't catch it because I still might be wearing it.

The song about his dad. I never knew it was about him. Amazing! R.S. is British. I didn't realize. His dad is from Scotland.

Outfit #3

This is when he sang the song that he used to duet with Tina Turner. He hasn't sung it in years he said. I think he did it for me. Cause I love her too.

Outfit #4
I wish I had time to link more of his music. This is my personal favorite. The words are so great. "There's a love that's divine. And its yours and its mine, like the sun. And at the end of the day, we should give thanks and praise, to the one, to the one... Have I told you lately that I love you?"

Above: Outside the 02 arena. Hard to capture it though cause it's so big. I wanted to wear leather pants but that's pretty impossible in a 36" inseam. The leather skirt a size too small worked just perfect. I secretly hope R.S. would wear his leather pants. His colorful outfits sufficed.
Looking back, it was a bit foolish but we arrived before the doors even opened. So this was when the doors opened 1.5 hours before the concert. The 02 arena was plenty interesting to explore though. Family will appreciate that the Levy Brothers cater the arena. I see Mangia here one day for sure and then we can simply text and then get our food delivered.




3 comments:

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Just when I think you couldn't do anything cooler while you guys are there, I read this, and am sooooo jealous! I LOVE Rod Stewart! I bet his concerts are so fun. you guys look great.

Sara Jayne and Tyler Baldwin said...

MM...Leather skirt=HAWT.

Craig and Lindsay said...

I WANT YOUR SKIRT!!!!! You are gorgeous, miss you!!!