Monday, January 3, 2011

Last date of 2010...

Photobucket

Andrew and I had a special night in the city last week. We had dinner with an old roommate and her husband who work and live in the city now. We the went to a fabulous Opera that has to be up there with a few of my favorites. La Fanciulla del West is an Italian Puccini that is very melodious with a great love story. It's a long opera though with two intermissions. The scene setups have to be the most beautiful of an opera I've seen. Andrew was very into it as well I might add.

Because the Opera didn't get out until 11:30, we stayed the night at the Empire right across from the Met. Any gossip girl fans? I felt like I was walking in the movie a bit. And as we were checking in, there was a cast member talking to the manager about a New Year's Party he was throwing there. He loved us asking questions about the show just as much as we enjoyed asking. He freely shared that he dated Taylor Momsen. He was very defensive about his makeup because of a shoot they had that day. Good times--

Can't you see Chuck Bass chatting with his mom in the lobby there?


3 comments:

Danielle said...

No you didn't! I can see Chuck Bass standing right there. I love that you totally stayed there.

Diana Hulme said...

how fun! :) are you guys living nearby the city now? (you have so many fun posts all over the world i'm not exactly sure where you are living, hehe!) this makes me look forward to our move...when we are in new york i can take my little babe and hang out in famous gossip girl spots, yes!

Rachel Ricchio said...

opera is so moving! i love your appreciation for a lost art these days! misssss youuuu!