Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dancing Through Disaster...

When we got married, I was given a beautiful Brian Kershisnik print that was called Dancing Through Disaster. Although I don't always handle crisis situations as I later wish I would have, this phrase stays with me in moments like these. I must of thought of it 5 times yesterday.

Photobucket

We're in the final stages of recovering from the flood and later mold which came from the apartment above. New carpet was installed yesterday which meant everything had to come out of the apartment. Because it was so cold, rather than taking everything out, they simply maneuvered everything from room to room. The pileup almost gave me a heart attack.

All the doors came off and our desk and canopy bed came completely apart.

I left the apartment for an hour with 2 movers and 2 installers working on everything and returned to a couch standing on it's side on the only wooden area of the apartment. They wouldn't fit through the door apparently.

That's my printer below balanced on top of my shoes, and our sheets just thrown on the lockers.

If you look close enough here you will see our kitchen table and our other couch with the chairs piled on top. Our TV stand is stuffed into the kitchen too. Somewhere in the process someone spilled orange juice and I couldn't even get to it to clean it up.

The good thing about the whole ordeal is that I must of gotten rid of 4 trash bags of excess and trash. And we got a new carpet that is very comfy. Did I mention our landlord picked out white? yikes! Not sure that is the smartest when she plans on renting her place out.


10 comments:

Lauren Dyer said...

Mary! I'm so sorry!!!!

Brett and Kymee said...

Oh boy, I'm sorry!! Let us know if you need anything!

Crystal said...

Oh my crazy!! Wow. I hope things get back to normal quickly!

Rachel Ricchio said...

oh . my . gosh . i would have had a heart attack. . . actually i probably would have screamed and cried LOL. im sure you handled it so much better than i would have. haha.

Heather and Taylor said...

And you took me to the doctor and made me dinner for my sick soul. You are wonder woman! Thanks for all you do for me. xo

Dayna said...

Mary, this sounds like a living nightmare. you are amazing to handle it so well. geeze.

I NEED TO SEE YOU TOO! i have to tell you, we have been sick as dogs over here so its probably a good thing we haven't seen each other yet... but lets get together the beginning of next week for sure. whats your week like? lets plan something. can't wait to see you!

Lisa said...

I feel your pain. Two and half months in a hotel now. Still nothing settled. Insurance companies remain denying paying anything...and the hotel is outrageous!

Thomas, Alta, and Krew said...

hey sorry about the flood. thats too bad. where are you guys living now? are you still in the u.k.? we live in newcastle and will be here for the next year. well just wanted to say hello. happy new year

Danielle said...

Oh WOW! I would have been ticked if people threw my stuff that way.

lyndsey | paper girl said...

uh, sorry about the flood...that sucks! if you need something to keep your mind off things, you should made some valentines for my valentine swap :) i told danielle to do it too...i miss you guys, valentines would be fun. http://the-stationery-place.blogspot.com/2011/01/handmade-valentine-swap.html