Friday, January 21, 2011

Sunflowers...


The other night Andrew and I started reading my journal from our first year of dating. For the span of my life, I've been a terrible journal writer. But as far as the first year of our courtship goes, I'm proud of myself. We had a riot reading through it. Much of it is embarrassing. Andrew was laughing so hard at some of my initial thoughts and impressions. And of course there are always some lulls in relationships too. Those are best to forget about and I really had. But darn if we had to read and rehash them again.

So I kept any note or letter written. There is one in particular I have to share. It was a note he left with some Sunflowers. I got permission from my lover so here it is...

Mary Martha,

I'm sorry. This was supposed to be waiting for you after basketball, but I ran out of time to put it in your apartment. I'm not exactly sure why I picked sunflowers, but they reminded me of you. A little taller then then other flowers but more beautiful because of it. Unique, special, unmatched by any others, bright, and of course they love the sun! I hope they bring a smile to your face. I know this week is going to be hard for you so the point is that when you come home after a long day you can see the flowers and smile. I will be your support this week. Anything you need I will do. Why? Because, I...Love...You!

Love,

Andrew




6 comments:

Stacy Thiot said...

OH MY GOODNESS! He is cute, y'all are cute. I love it. I used to be SO good at my journal... Thank you for the reminder :)

Dayna said...

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE YOU TWO.

JJMorrison said...

such a sweet husband, and such a darling, deserving wife!

Rachel Ricchio said...

okay what a dream is he!

Diana Hulme said...

I loved it! What a sweet note. So great that you saved everything. :)

Nammie said...

Wow Andrew - raising the bar for the rest of us!! Thanks for sharing this.

Love you guys,

Uncle Norm