Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sydney Caroline & Courtney....



This past week I was able to meet 3 week old Sydney Caroline who has to be the cutest, most adorable, lovable--aka perfect baby--I have ever met. I was also able to see first hand my dearest friend transition into a mom with a few days time. That was very special.  It was an amazing experience for me to hold and bond with this little one and watch Courtney embrace and take on the role of a mom with such ease. 

I took 160 photos this week. Here are just a few. 


You can already tell she has such a happy nature. When she wakes up in the night for a feed she doesn't cry out. Just a little googling to let us know she is ready. She sleeps better than I could have imagined. We never had to keep it quite or alter our ways her for her sleeping conditions. 


Court is a professional swaddler.




Outings with this girl are the best. She doesn't go unnoticed by any and couldn't be more low maintenance. Christian treated us to a delicious lunch at The Cottage in La Jolla I believe it was.



The weather was in the mid 70's all week. Made for the perfect stroll along the beach.


So unkind of me to point her face towards the sun. 




This seal got wiped out by the waves. How he got up the rock that far in the first place, I do not know. 


They smell.


As much as I love to cuddle her. Sometimes I just need to hold her away from me so I can see her. I can't imagine the love that Courtney and Christian have for her because I love her so much. I'd do anything for this girl. I woke up thinking about her this morning. I'm a proud Godmother, okay.



P.S. This is my 500th post. Really?


11 comments:

Julianne said...

I'm so happy for you, for Courtney, and for little Sydney. How fun that you were able to make it out there for a visit! You are one LOYAL friend. Court is lucky to have you. Hope all is well, cutie. XOXO

mommy watsky said...

Those photos are gorgeous! Sydney is beautiful. I am so sad that I missed you! I am in San Diego right now. That would have been so fun to see you & Court. I miss you!

Amanda said...

Adorable!

Ana Lee said...

Congratulations Pena's! How exciting!! You take such beautiful pics Mary Martha.

Dayna said...

Those are some amazing pictures. What a great trip. You really are such a great friend. I can't get over how beautiful that little baby is... I can't wait to see her in person. She is just perfect. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Meggera said...

Ohh.. She is so precious! Aren't baby girls just intoxicating?!.... Well, any baby for that matter.

Diana Hulme said...

um, she is beautiful!!! :) congrats to courtney & christian. how fun for you to be there. love the pics.

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Could she be any cuter?? She is such a little Court, I love it. You are such a good friend to Court.
I'll be in UT next week-maybe I could see you??

Heather and Taylor said...

I love these pictures! They are to die for! xo

ashley schmutz said...

she is perfection! i am so glad you got to meet her! i am counting down the days til i can get my hands on that little gal! what a doll! and mary, you are one talented little photographer!

Daile Wilson said...

I'm so jealous! I want to hold her! I miss both of u so much!