Saturday, January 15, 2011

Things that remind me of my childhood...

The classic game that came with everyone's computer and was one of the few to select from.

Doug, Patty Mayonnaise, & Pork Chop (not pictured)


The hottest Christmas gift Santa could bring. I remember when there was an entire row of these at Toy-R-Us. The voice changer was the best, ya filthy animal

Classic
Remember when the games would get fuzzy so you'd have to pull it out and blow the dust off the bottom of the game?
Yikes! A craze both my mother and I bought into. Those bears got out of control. Heavens forbid if it wasn't in Mint condition or had a bend in the tag.
Let's hope there is no correlation between taking care of the Tamagotchi and parenting a child. Everyone in the school must of had one crossing all genders.

Furbies I believe?
I can't imagine how much artificial coloring on top of the artificial flavoring included here.
Do people still crimp? How great would that be if Faith Hill showed up at an awards with crimped hair like that music video from the Grinch? Maybe not so much...
This isn't my childhood so much, but maybe late 90's. I remember thinking these computers were the coolest thing I had ever seen. I didn't even know what Apple was. Too bad I didn't even know what stocks were either.

If nothing else from this post, please watch this commercial. You haven't thought about it since the 80's but you have seen it hundreds of times. I have the tune stuck in my head now.



9 comments:

Tempest and Ben said...

Omg! So funny! I died laughing at over half of the things on your list! I absoullety love it! I remember the craze you and your mom had about the Ty beanie babies! Lol! So many great memories!

Dayna said...

Had to laugh at all of these! So true, each one. Brings back so many memories! It was so fun having you guys over the other night. Can't wait to do it again. And yes, I checked out the bla bla mobiles... SO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE! I definitely plan on doing a post on them next week. The whole website is really adorable- I love the whole look.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my main blog. Sometimes its hard to feel pretty when you've got a basketball sticking out of your stomach and your waddling everywhere you go... ha!

Heather and Taylor said...

I'm kinda obsessed with this post. Brings back tons of memories.

Karyna said...

Haha thank u for that trip down memory lane!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Serious blast from the past!!

Rachel Ricchio said...

hahahahahah. OMG you played DOOM??? can i admit something??? I FAVORITE GAME. omg i played that thing like there was no tomorrow. hahaha. i died laughing at all of these. ughhh i miss you!!!!

lyndsey | paper girl said...

hey! i don't have your email address [why don't i??] but YES do the swap. read this post for some FAQ's including yours :) http://the-stationery-place.blogspot.com/2011/01/word-on-valentine-swap.html

ps i totally had a tamagotchi.

Mari Kjar said...

i didn't know you watched doug... and i knew you during those years. well, actually that was more late elementary school, but how has that never come up!? haha. porkchop (not picturd) love ya mary!!!!!

Suzie and Chadd said...

Nice post!! I have boxes of dumb beanie babies with "tag protectors" I looked them up on ebay the other day to see what I could do with them and they are worth NOTHING!!! Still makes me kinda mad...I mean I didn't even play with the dumb things LOL