Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sugar Ray & The Jimmer...

Riverwoods had their re-grand opening last weekend. The free Sugar Ray concert exceeded all expectations. It was great to step back into the 90's a bit. I surprisingly knew and loved most all their songs. Mark McGarth is a true entertainer. It probably helped that we were standing about 4 people deep, but he was so engaging with the crowd. I don't think he was expecting the cold and snow for an outdoor concert in April.
They let off the most amazing fireworks for about 15 minutes following with a great DJ playing as well. Besides weddings, I don't think Andrew and I have been dancing much since we got married. And we love to dance. So Saturday night was a real treat. 



Thanks to the owner of Riverwoods for making the concert possible. Someone had to pay...


Jimmer made an appearance too.  




They had him shoot a ball into a plastic bin that was passed far back in the crowd--Jimmer range they call it.  Squinting to see what he was aiming for...





Kinda sad that I have more pictures of Jimmer. But even Mark McGrath was stoked to meet him. I just read that Jimmer can't go to class these days because of people mobs. 


3 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

Mar I was totally there! haha. Pierce and I didn't even know this was happening and we went to get Sushi at Happy Sumo and heard the band outside playing :) Didn't even know Jimmer was there either. WOW! I can't believe I missed an opportunity to see you! We're moving soon, I want to see you before we leave!

ashley schmutz said...

doesn't go to class? that is CRAZY! the concert looks like it was so fun!

Dayna said...

I had no idea about this! Looks like it was fun!