Saturday, May 28, 2011

I don't know what to call this post...

My parents hosted a party for Harold and Kell-bell (Kelle Abell) in Monroe recently. It always so good to be home. But it was especially good to reconnect with people I haven't seen for so long and continue to introduce Andrew to some folks that mean so much to me.  I'm always overwhelmed by the friendly people here that are so kind and interested with what we are doing. 
Monroe is really a special place to me. But not just because I have such great memories here, which I indeed do. Time just seems to stand still.  It's neat too that my grandmother has good friends who my parents are friends with their children and I'm friends with their children. Generations are linked together and there is hardly turnover here. Since I've been away for 7 years now, I can accurately say that this is a very unique and special place. Having said that... it's not the most progressive place in the world--not much opportunity. Moving back isn't exactly in the cards, but I just hope my children can grow up in an area that gives them a since of belonging where they can cherish similar memories like I have of my childhood. 


My brother above had a cowboy outfit he wore daily. The Magnolias haven't bloomed yet in this pic but in a few hours time they had.
Nephews with monogramed initials.


My mom knows how to throw a party.



My family is obsessed with Therman's chocolate cake. Except this time they didn't dip the strawberries in chocolate too.



The sweetest and most beautiful bride. 


These boys are obsessed with their Uncle Harold. Dixon will just walk up and grab his hand and follow him around.


I don't think we can get enough family pics.



2 comments:

Courtney Peña said...

what a beautiful family..it takes me back to when I was there for your reception!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Mary Martha... I am soooo glad I found your blog! I have been reading up until here and just have to say that I ditto the comments about Monroe. I love your family! Your dad helped me when he was bishop more than he knows. And I have always been intrigued with your mother and her sense of style and now I am of you! Love your gorgeous family. Where do you do most of your clothes shopping??? I love your style of dresses especially. Always, looking for a good modest dress! Tell me your secrets! Love your blog. Will have to add it to mine!