Friday, August 19, 2011

View from above...

This is the view from our new studio. As busy and exciting as the city is, I feel like we kind of escape it when we get home. It's nice to be able to see as far as the eyes can see. We face towards the financial district so we can see the Statue of Liberty in the distance too.
Again, iphone pics so little blurry


Did I mention it's small? 
We traded in a bit of space for comfortable building amenities (gym, pool, yoga!). We're right in the thick of things here in Midtown. Andrew only has a few stops on the subway for work. And we're a block from Penn Station that can virtually get us anywhere without a transfer. The Empire State Building is one block up and over, which means we're inundated with tourists. I'm still a tourist though so that doesn't really bother me. The guys on the corner recruiting people for the E.S.B. try me every day. I think I'll finally feel like a resident when they pass me up as a local. I'll have to start acting like I know where I'm going though. I'm still trying to get my bearings. When our year lease is up, we'll be anxious to breathe a bit more maybe closer to the water or park. But this is perfect for us wanting to figure this city out. It's amazing how little space you can live on. 


The back of our couch folds down making a comfy sleeping spot for occasional visitors. 
Andrew finally admitted he loves the lockers. They help store so much and, quite personally, I think they make our place. 



Before pic: 




17 comments:

nichole said...

It's beautiful! You have such a great sense of style.

Sean and Summer said...

love the way you organized and decorated!

Tempest and Ben said...

Holy beautiful view! You do have great sense of style Mary!! You always have! Enjoy the city!! thanks for sharing!!!

Rachel Ricchio said...

YOWZAH. seriously look at the view you wake up to!! how lucky you guys are to live in such a beautiful place!

Lindsey S. said...

love everything about it! Especially that room!

Mekelle said...

darling place! And what a view! Good luck to ya'll in NYC!

theparkernewlyweds said...

Thats a Beautiful view... I bet at night its amazing! You have great taste and just think how easy it will be to clean :)

Lizzie said...

Great view! Glad you are loving the city!

Dayna said...

Mary I am so glad you posted pictures! I am dying to come and see the place! It looks amazing! You did a great job decorating it! WAY TO GO! Hope to see you soon!

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

WOW! Amazing Mar. That's how our place was in SF... seriously small. :) You must have some amazing blinds? Right? I love how you organized everything as well, way to go. We might have to visit :) Love you!

Emily and Daniel said...

Oh goodness love the apartment!

Mrs. Ham said...

i'm in love!!! i bet when you lay down you could touch your arms to one wall and your toes to the other?! ha kidding! but i love how you decorated it! don't even want to know how much your rent is....

Dayna said...

AMAZING! I love the windows. Wow, what a great nest, even if its small. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures in the city.

Mari Kjar said...

i love every bit of it!!! well done!

Diana Hulme said...

Gorgeous view! Oh my gosh, I love your place. :) how cool to be right in the middle of things. We'll have to meet up sometime soon.

About Me said...

I haven't peeked at blogs in a while and just saw your last few posts! You two are such a great couple and it looks like you are having so much fun! Your new place is beautiful, what a view! In Miami we traded space for a view and it was so worth it. Love your colorful style!

About Me said...

Sorry the last comment was from Janvier, guess I wasn't signed in!