Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bonita Beach...

As far I'm concerned, this is the best beach in the world. No high rises. Private beach. (Because of the two prior points) Houses are built right up close to the water. Sea Turtles love to nest here too. 
My grandparents retired to the beach years ago. I'm convinced it has to be one of their better decisions ever made. My grandmother does her water aerobics in the ocean often. They have optimal weather conditions year round.  The kitchen windows just see ocean and my grandpa's office faces out too. Very therapeutic. They spot dolphins daily swimming by. When we're lucky, a manatee will swim up close. They don't have the fin to pick them out from the house though so usually its a surprise visit up close.
I associate the beach with family. And more specifically, my grandparents.  


The water was actually pretty choppy with the tropical storm coming up through the Gulf. Usually it is so placid there aren't any waves. Andrew prefers the waves; I prefer none for laying on a raft. 


I met my mom, sister, and my nephews at the beach last week. Everyone else opted for the BYU/Ole Miss game. Andrew joined us for the long labor day weekend too. I can't believe my uncle's bday was the last time I was here. 


My shirt says faith by the way... a principle I'm particularly passionate about these days.

phone camera doesn't do this justice


I had to include the pic below of us all sitting around and eating Sunday dinner. My sweet Nana prepared the most fantastic meal. Hard to explain the moment, but she turned on some sentimental music we all sang along to.


I got to meet my newest nephew, Cyrus Shumway, for the first time too.
He was born 9 pounds 12 ounces/ 23 inches long in late June. He slept 10.5 hours a night in his porta crip. Chill mom. Chill baby. Life's good. 






4 comments:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

looks so fun. the picture of the 3 boys is pricelss. and LOVE the faith shirt. and love you!

Curtis & Shelby said...

love this - so many sweet memories from that beach! i remember as a little girl, when i would go to public beaches, i would be so confused as to why we couldn't have it all to ourselves.

Martha Clawsons Abell said...

A Moment in Time! That dinner with the old china was a memory I will always cherish. Xoxo

Jane said...

Hi Mary Martha,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Bonita Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane