Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dog-walker...

So we found out two weeks after Andrew started his job that we were expecting (still makes me smile every time I say it). With a new move, naturally everyone is so quick to ask what I would be doing. I had every intention of going back to work. But once I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to do something more flexible, chill, and temporary. And the great thing about NYC is you can really do anything. It's not all corporate. There is something for everyone. I thought walking dogs for a majority of the day was perfecto. You should of seen people's faces when I told them I wanted to be a dog-walker.  Great cash job, okay. 

 I've seen as many as 8 dogs walked at once by a single dog walker. Amazing.
So then at 8 weeks when I went in for my first appointment, I found out I was having twins. I'm not the highest risk but I am higher risk than many scenarios. So no dog walking dreams coming true here. I resolve to a few activities a day. 


I rented a bike in central park the other day and rode around for a bit. I had to snap a pic when I walked up on this cute doggy date. Or doggy play group should I say.


3 comments:

Juliet said...

Mary Martha, I just want you to know that the last time I checked your blog was when you posted asking what all the celebs have in common and I couldn't think of anything. 2 days later I woke up in the middle of the night, sat bolt upright and said "oh my gosh she's pregnant!!" hahah so congratulations!! (ps. always wanted to be a dog walker, not even kidding)

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

I think that would have been great! I would love that -- getting paid to exercise, see NYC and walk dogs... AWESOME! I totally get it. :) I'm sad you can't do it. And being a house frau is totally cool too, :), I love it!

Dayna said...

I demand a baby bump photo. That Brooklyn Bridge picture of you just aint cuttin' it missy.... ;)

You look beautiful. Pregnancy is good to you- you look as gorgeous as ever. I know I've already said this a bunch, but I can't wait to see you!!!!

PS. I got your sweet message today. I was cleaning the house and didn't see it until later when Courtney came over (to plan your you know what). And I think you might like what we have up our sleeves.... !