I’m 23 weeks now and I haven’t taken time to relay the first pregnancy thought or detail. I’m full of them. I don’t even know where to begin.
- I absolutely love being pregnant. No one could have ever prepared me for how sweet it would be.
- I told myself prior that I wouldn’t complain when I was pregnant. That ‘s one thing I really cringe when hearing from others. I’m sure I’ve had my moments, but I really hope I’ve held true to that early commitment. Having said that…
- The reality of my first 18 weeks is that I was extremely sick. But it was nothing I ever wished away. Strangely enough, I enjoyed it. Although easier to say hindsight. It made me feel really pregnant and reminded me constantly that this was really happening. I had some hard non-functional days though.
- Finding out I was having twins deserves its own blog post.
- When people (friends and strangers alike) find out I’m having twins, the first question following without fail is, “Do you have twins in your family?” This is another way of asking are they fertility or not? Genetic or that crazy 1% split? Fraternal or identical? So let me tell you…
- My babies are sharing a placenta yet they are each in their own sack. This means they are 90%+ identical twins. My OB and specialist actually disagree about which one they are. Initially we were told it was a fused placenta, but as the placenta gets bigger it is clearer. No, I do not have twins in my family, nor does Andrew. And no, I was not on fertility. Gasp. But I did not get pregnant with twins my first time trying, nor second, nor third…
- In fact, for the bold peeps that straight up ask me if my twins are fertility twins, I can in no way take all the credit as if it was all us. Although naturally conceived (is that okay to say), there was some serious intervention on the Lord’s part. He is so aware. So kind. That is for sure.
- I’ve really been thinking about twins and wanted twins for some time. That’s why I can’t believe I’m baring two little ones. I wonder though… Did the Lord plant the desire in me knowing that I would have twins? Or did He grant me the very thing I desired?
- Identical twins can happen to anyone. They aren’t genetic, just very rare for the egg to split.
- I know and embrace that there will be a huge learning curve as far as nurturing and parenting goes; yet, it doesn’t intimidate me.
- I haven’t read the first book. I have a lot of reading up to do.
- We found out we were expecting a week after we signed our lease for our NYC apartment. And then we found out we were having twins a week after we moved into our studio.
- I can’t believe how fast my pregnancy is going by. This has been the fastest 23 weeks of my life.
- Sometimes when I lay in bed resting and thinking, I can hear the sweetest little voices in my head say “Are we there yet?” I like to think they are as excited as we are, and that they too have waited their turn. I’m so excited to meet my boys; however, the longer I carry the better. Pre-term labor is common with twins.
- One thing NYC is not deprived of is twins. Granted I was out and about all day Friday, but I probably saw 5 different sets that day.
- All twins are considered high risk. Then there is a higher risk group. And a highest risk group. I’m in the middle with the higher risk group cause my babies are sharing a placenta. I see my OB every other week and my specialist in the in-between weeks. So I go to the Dr. every week… at least.
- So I have an ultrasound every week. I’m learning minor differences between the two and bonding with my babies. Yesterday, I had an in depth ultrasound where I got to watch each twin for 40 minutes. Twin A was sucking his thumb!
- Both are over a pound.
We have close to 100 ultrasound pics on our fridge.
These are all phone pic of a pic so apologies for further blurr.
This was the first pic given at 8 weeks when we found out we were having twins. I was at the appointment solo. I took a cab straight to Drew's office and had him meet me outside. I just showed him the pic and he was said, "Hold up, there's two?!?" We hugged/cried there on the street of NY... Columbus Ave to be exact.
Twin A sucking his thumb. Watching it live with his mouth moving back and forth was so sweet.
Sometimes I go in one will be breeched, but most of the time they are not which shows them cuddled like they are hugging. When they are breeched, it is one bum to the other's head. Surely they don't enjoy that. Best buds!