Monday, December 12, 2011

SantaCon...

This last Saturday was a great day to be out and about. I had no prior understanding of what SantaCon involved. I've read estimates up to 10,000 Santas. But basically a massive amount of people all over Manhattan dressed as Santa. It's basically a pub crawl that lasts all day. There were live tweets telling the group what area to transport to next. A couple of the locations were located right around me. So I headed out to see what it was about. I saw Santa in every form or fashion. As the day went on, the costumes got more and more dilapidated. The Ho Ho Ho chants were hilarious.  The little kids in the city must be confused and even terrified. 


Santas jaywalking







 Bryant Park ice-skating. They have a cute Christmas market too.


Christmas on 34th. I walk by this everyday and just love. 



1 comment:

Danielle said...

34th street was a favorite when I was there. Jealous that you experience it often.