Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conran World Map...

 I fell in love with this world map in London last summer. I would walk by the store weekly if not daily and my desire for it never faded. When we got the deposit back on our probably <300sq. ft apartment, I went to this store with plans to hang it up in a baby room one day. We could of just exchanged the deposit from the pound back to the dollar, but the dollar weakened so much over our summer's stay. We would of lost a good bit--or that is at least how I saw it in my mind. So there was born the map...


So this is the only thing complete in our apartment right now. Cribs don't come in for another month. (Yes, the babies will be here before then). I haven't decided on a stroller. blah blah. 
But I adore my swizzle-glider. I have such happy thoughts when I sit there either just thinking or reading in prep for our time...


Not sure that the map needs much explanation. Great teaching tool for the kids I hope. About 180+ fabric velcro motifs explaining the world. Andrew and I were seriously stumped trying to assemble it all. It shamefully took us over an hour probably combined. We had to look up most every mountain and city given. The thought of a child coming through and replacing the pieces is frightening. I guess we have some good time before that happens though. 


And FYI: This is the giant map (almost 8 ft x6 feet). There is a smaller version as well as a hanging globe that is cool if you're at all interested in something a big smaller but same idea. The hanging globe in the store was a bit haggard and didn't seem like it withheld gravity's pull too well. 


10 comments:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

AMAZING map. love love love!

Life's One Big Tripp said...

I love the map! LOVE it! Such a cute idea. Good luc with the babies. Best change that will ever happen to you!

Lorie said...

I love it!! Beware of toddlers, I can see hazel doing some creative rearranging of that map. Desmond slept in the bassinet area of a pack and play for a while, who needs cribs?!

Lizzie said...

Obsessed! Amazing, & love the story behind it too.

Diana Hulme said...

I love it! I have had the circle version bookmarked for a while, I had no idea there was a bigger one. Amazing. I wonder if it would be possible to recreate homemade...maybe someday! :) I hope moving in went well...your tiny studio apartment was so cute. Excited to see pictures of your new place!

The Egans said...

I love this map. Your boys will love talking about the animals!

Melissa said...

So cute! And I love your Louisiana pillow!!

CHO said...

We have that same exact map hanging in our Little One's room! and he LOVES it! He mainly just loves taking off the animals and people and hiding them around the house, but it's hours of entertainment for him :) Your little guys are going to love it, too, I'm sure. :)

Maria Jose Lecea said...

Hello i am very interested in the map.Where can buy ? thanks
Maria

Didie D said...

I love it too.
where can we find the map??