Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PBR...

Two years ago we took a road trip with the Penas to the PBR in Vegas. One thing hasn't changed, I love PBR's! When Andrew inquired about Christmas giving, I said I was more interested in experiences prior to these babies debut than any tangible thing. So here's to the PBR at Madison Square Garden. 


Introduction of top 40 riders in world.


The top rider gets a spot light on the podium behind the chutes.

 

Andrew's parents actually made the event possible through their family friend that works for the PBR association. So fun having the Egan's there too. Takes another southern girl to appreciate this type of event. And Emma Perry was a total rockstar--not a peep despite the loudness. 

 

Had a bull malfuction there on the bottom right. I think this rider got a re-ride as a result. 

 


I love observing what goes on behind the chutes. It's amazing to watch the bull temperament prior and what the bull riders routine includes.


Half time entertainment equivalent was jousting. Pretty intense...
It's a weekend event. On Saturday Kimber and the Hadleys were there as well. 

 

 

 

I think the bull industry is fascinating. I'm not obnoxious about it, but I deep down root for the bull. I just want a good ride. That come with a good bull.  I love the hype on various bulls that have only been ridden for a full 8 seconds once before or even just a couple times. For example, Bushwacker. He is out for a couple months due to a minor surgery on his back legs though so maybe next year we'll see him.




6 comments:

Lizzie said...

How cool is that. So fun.

Diana Hulme said...

Looks like fun...totally a good idea to do lots of fun stuff before the babies arrive. Not that you won't be able to after...but it is harder. :)

Gregory said...

These are some great photos . . . then I came across the photo of the bull directly under the jousting photo. I have to admit the gross little boy in my came out and I laughed. Looks like a certain bovine needs a time out.

Really, I am sorry, but I couldn't help myself.

BUT, still looks like a great time.

Danielle Bates said...

I love you for this post and only this post. Ha Ha!!! So fun!

Lorie said...

Looks like a fantastic time! Not sure what it will be like with twins, but we still went on a ton of adventures when hazel was tiny, she slept so much. I should have realized you would know kimber, but seeing her reminded me what a small world it is. She grew up in my home stake and couldn't get more adorable!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

wow that looks fun! Next year I need to go see that! love your baby bottle charms. :)