Saturday, April 28, 2012

4 generations...

My Nana came to visit last week. She was so sweet with her great grandsons. I appreciate her flying out from Florida as she doesn't do much traveling anymore with her age. She was able to stay at the neighboring hotel that is practically attached to our building. It was so convenient. After doing a few things in the area she said to me in her sweet soft voice, "I feel like I'm on a different planet here in NYC." 

 

Isn't my Nana beautiful? She was homecoming queen at BYU back in the day.

 

Nana was a sight to see pushing around the boys. If anyone walking by took a double take, she would stop the stroller so they could get a better look. "These are my great-grandsons." 


My mom is so much help... I'm-Eternally-Indebted. I, along with the twins, are still figuring out the nights. They each wake up about 2 to 3 times a night. 2x2=4 so I'm told to awake 'the other one' when one wakes up to limit that. But that has presented it's own challenges. So this is where my mother, saving grace, comes in... Just about the time Andrew goes to work, my mom comes over to the apartment well rested to take care of the boys for a few hours while I go back to sleep. Feeding time take 1/2 as long. She empties the diaper pail, does our laundry in the basement, and strongly encourages me to get out a little every day.  These are familiar sights when I wake up from a long nap. 

 

My double stroller doesn't fit through my mom's hotel door at The Empire. So we would meet in the dark sheik mezzanine. This was when my Nana was meeting the boys for the first time. 

 

Priceless pictures.  4 generations! This is my sister Helen's 4 generations pic in 2006 taken in New Orleans. I'm very sentimental. Can you tell?

Clyde (left) Charles (right)




5 comments:

Lizzie said...

I didn't know your Mom was back in town. That is so fabulous, I am so glad! And to have your Nana here in NYC with your babies must have been the sweetest thing. so happy for you!

Crystal said...

I love your four generations pic! so amazing. And your mom and nana are both so beautiful! I love reading your blog, I just can not get enough of your boys! Still in shock that you had twins! You're amazing.

Curtis & Shelby said...

Love this. Nana is the best!

breanna said...

What sweet pictures!!! I LOVE those!
And by the way, your mom is a ROCKSTAR!!

Heather and Taylor said...

Loving this pictures. They are getting so big!