Tuesday, April 24, 2012

There's never been a better Dad...

Seeing Andrew with his boys just melts my heart. The way he scoops both of them up in his arms shortly after he walks in the door from work is consistently the highlight of my day. By the time he gets home, I've started to tire from the day. Yet he comes in with a burst of energy excited to see these guys.  As much as I look forward to a more consistent early sleep routine, I love that the twins are awake for their dad's arrival; the boys are nocturnal with some day/night confusion right now.



I've taken thousands (literally) of pictures of the twins since they were born, and this is most definitely a top 10. So much loaded into this picture... Clyde on deck to feed and the squeaky wheel (Charles) getting the grease. Big daddeo pump in view. One of many Purell bottles we've been through since babies born. Still haven't graduated from the NICU bottles and nipples, although inconvenient to fill and refill multiples times in a feed. No time for Andrew to change out of work clothes before he helps with a feed and plays on the floor with the boys. Andrew taking on a feed in its entirety--no nursing this go around. 





3 comments:

nichole said...

such beautiful boys... all three.

i know i fell in love with Justin all over again watching him with Evie.

Janvier said...

They are such beautiful boys, wow! So glad you've gotten so many perfect pictures, especially with Dad in them as well. I hope you're recovering ok! Thinking of you!

Lizzie said...

Such a sweet post. What a good dad. Today Jenna was telling me how amazing it is to see your husband with your child, & I started to tear up. Can't wait.