Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cupcake Capital...

This city is heaving with cupcakes. I think the craze started with Magnolia Bakery but those have since been out-baked. Then there is bigger is better with Crumbs. Cupcakes by Melissa is the opposite--tiny bite sizes with the perfect icing to cake ratio. And new to the city but a long time favorite in DC, Georgetown Cupcake, now in SOHO. Plenty of places in between. 

When my mom visits, she comes home with a box of these Cupcake by Melissa almost daily. "Just a little treat." Problematic. 


Sugar Sweet Sunshine on LES treated by Lizzie after wonderful birthday brunch at Beauty & Essex. 


Georgetown Cupcake. I remember going to the one in Georgetown with my mom and sister. I remember thinking I hadn't tasted anything better.


A custom color kitchen-aid.


Legit frosting & fresh flowers on the table.

 

Free cupcake if you follow their twitter and ask for the secret cupcake revealed through their tweets. 


The wall reminds me of Andy Warhol. 

 

It was great to slip away and meet up with these sweet girls. These girls are always on the go. 




1 comment:

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Yuuuuuummy! You have such a fun life :)

So, random story, I have a picture of my parents at the top of Timp and all over that little building is written "Mary Martha <3 Andrew Checketts" - is that you guys?!?