Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day...

I wish I was good with words and could sit down and plainly articulate what this Mother's Day meant to me personally as a new mom. With a few failed attempts, I'll just stick to pictures as it pertains to me as a mom. Needless to say, it was an extra special celebration. Not only was Andrew so thoughtful and generous in honoring me, but I'm overwhelmed at the love and support my mom continuously and tirelessly shows me. She has enabled me the past 3 months, as a mother now of these precious twin boys, more than I can begin to explain. It's just plain not fair how good she is to me. Out of the twin's first 14 weeeks of life, she has been here helping almost 7 weeks of that. I sobbed I'm Not Sure I Can Do This Without You tears when she left. We actually do just fine without her. But one thing in particular I miss was when Andrew would leave to go to work and she would come walking in the door so I could go back to sleep for a couple hours. Most of all, she gave my boys so much love. The distance won't hold her back from being a hands on outstanding Grandmother. And this means so much from a mom (me) who daily wonders if she can possibly give these two boys all the love they need and deserve. My capacity to love has greatly increased that's for sure. But the added adoration given to the twins from their Grandma is cherished this holiday. 


Andrew got me the most beautiful orchid corsage to wear to church. The only pic I got was with my phone so it's looks yellow. 

 
 

We went to CT Sunday night to celebrate with Andrew's mom. Auntie Lilly was in town. Cousin Gabe has lots of practice from his younger brother, Will.

 

We were able to meet baby James in Greenwich who was just 4 days old at the time. Play date! The twins were on their best behavior for this greatly anticipated introduction. Or perhaps they were just getting reacquainted from a few months prior. 



2 comments:

Angela Olson said...

These boys are beautiful and YOU look beautiful as well. It's hard to believe there were two little guys in that skinny belly of yours. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!Those boys are so lucky to have you as a mom!

Lizzie said...

Wasn't Mother's Day so heavenly this year? Thanks again for coming to visit me. That was the best! Can't wait to see you again very soon!